Want to know what happens when you combine people, gardens, animals, and weather? A guarantee that things can and will go wrong when you least expect it!
During this episode of Pantry Chat Josh and Carolyn talk about a recent incident on their homestead and how it helped them identify problem areas in the preparedness plan and ways you can learn how to be better equipped when those unexpected moments on the homestead throw you a curveball.
In this Episode:
- A major windstorm and two unexpected freezes caused some major problems for Josh and Carolyn this past week and the impacts it had on the harvesting and produce.
- How unexpected events can help identify gaps in your preparedness plan.
- How to take stock of the situation, pause, look for the positive, and learn to identify problems quickly to find the right solutions.
- Josh talks about how to create better efficiencies, especially when it comes to fuel reserves and mobile lighting.
- What was the one success story that came out of this incident?
- How to involve your kids to work together as a family when you’re faced with unexpected circumstances.
- Question of the week: Regarding tomato fermentation and vegetable preservation. Do you have to burp your jars?