COVID-19, flu season, civil unrest, education disruption, supply and demand issues. There’s a lot of challenges, uncertainty and fear affecting everyone right now, including homesteaders, in real, new and unprecedented ways.
What are the things you can do now to be able to move through this season with confidence and positivity? Josh and Carolyn talk through some of the ways they are dealing with these obstacles and the actions you can start taking today to be more prepared.
In this episode:
- Harvesting season is still in full swing for Carolyn and Josh continues to make progress on the new addition.
- Question of the week: Why don’t Josh and Carolyn keep bees?
- COVID-19 + Flu season is coming and why it’s important to take care of yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually, now more than ever.
- The current challenges with supply and demand and what you need to be aware of as you’re planning ahead.
- Why it’s a good idea to start stocking up on future supplies, bulk items and monetary resources now.
- How the education disruption is affecting our children and the benefits of homeschooling to give them a consistent routine.
- The power of prayer and connecting with people in your own circle of influence to build resilience and stability.
- Remembering to take a break from the news and practice social distancing from fear and negativity.
- How to create some simple moments with the family to encourage hope and happiness during this time.