Matrescence - the developmental transformation a woman goes through when she becomes a mother, is physical, psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual.
Interestingly, for almost all mothers, matrescence can result in similar feelings to postpartum depression, which can be very concerning.
We ask ourselves am I experiencing matrescence or postpartum depression?
This episode of The Tough Mothers Podcast analyses this question to provide you with knowledge, so you can understand yourself, and your feelings better, and learn how to support yourself in motherhood.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Matrescence and postpartum depression can feel similar
- Matrescence manifests in mixed feelings
- Postpartum depression is an umbrella term
- Your knowledge of matrescence, and yourself during matrescence, is imperative for thriving in motherhood
Mentions in this episode
- Learn more about my first book I Wish Someone Had Told Me – unspoken truths about what really happens to women during labour, childbirth and the first few weeks of motherhood at www.toughmothers.com/books
- Read Katie Rickson’s amazing article about her experience with matrescence and bipolar at www.toughmothers.com/MatrescenceAndBipolar
- Follow Tough Mothers on Facebook and Instagram for more knowledge, techniques and support @DrJenHackerPearson
And join our FREE village at www.ToughMothers.com/village
- For more information about this episode head to www.ToughMothers.com/ep28
Thanks so much for listening and for your interest in becoming a happier mother.
Be sure to subscribe to MAMA, UNLEASHED! on your favourite podcast channel, and follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more information and tips @DrJenHackerPearson