How did it all begin? Since we are getting ready to celebrate our 100th episode, let's look back at how this podcast started a little over two years ago. On the day the podcast launched, I was at a speaking engagement in Evansville, IN, where I live now, and will be for the 100th episode!
In this episode, we are taking a trip down memory lane and sharing the podcast's first three episodes: Episode 1: Respect People vs. Deliver Results, Episode 2: Why is Lean so Hard, and Episode 3: Getting Lean to Stick.
What You'll Learn in This Episode:
Episode 1: Respect People vs. Deliver Results
- One of the overarching challenges ops leaders face, and why we need to challenge it
- How to stop looking at things as a dichotomy and open the door to possibilities
- How to think and speak about the need to respect people and deliver results
- A practical example of using an AND approach- in leadership and in life
Episode 2: Why is Lean so hard?
- A mistake I made early in a Lean transformation, and how it made things more difficult
- Why we can’t just focus our efforts on improving processes
- The role beliefs play in creating powerful behaviors and systems
- A model and practice you can follow to identify gaps that make it more difficult to consistently sustain and improve results
Episode 3: Getting Lean to Stick
- How we sometimes mis-diagnose what’s causing our execution problems
- Real-life Lean leadership example of The Transformation Trinity model in action
- BOLOs and how to overcome potential hurdles and more effectively apply the model to your work
- Why Lean or operations systems and tools aren’t enough on their own to get Lean to stick
Learn more and check out the full show notes at: