How to attract – Go deeply into your purpose
- Create an engaging and purposeful culture
- 75% of the workforce will be millennials by 2025.
- Millennials say that culture and learning is more important than pay.
- Millennials want to connect to a “Purposeful” Culture
- Focus your actions and conversations on (1) why you are in business, (2) what do you do as company that connects to the purpose, (3) how does your company make a difference, and (4) how does an individual at your company make a difference
- How to do this: Create a Brand Purpose Sheet with a Visual of what your company stands for
- Who are you?
- Why are you here?
- What do you want to accomplish
How to retain – Get everyone involved
- Create initiatives that connect employees to the company purpose
- Community Focused Initiatives
- Innovation Initiatives
- Ask employees to participate
- As management…act on these ideas
- Take on experiments to deal with the challenges of COVID – tell your team that you are experimenting to make things more effective
How to Hire – Customize your video outreach
- If you are going to do job boards…create the ads from the perspective of the candidate
- Better than job ads are creating customized messages
- Have the hiring manager or the CEO reach out to candidates you truly desire
- Create customized video message and have your best talent in those videos
How to Interview – Be extremely intentional
- Take time to IDENTIFY the core behaviors that make someone successful in your company and on your team
- Throw OUT the resume – Look at what it takes to be successful on YOUR team, and ask questions around that
- Create open ended questions (NOT FROM GOOGLE) based on situations that the candidate will encounter in YOUR business
- Look for: How do they think, How would they react, What questions are they asking you, what’ their approach, do they fit?
How do you Retain – Focus engagement surveys on your “A” Players and build a culture around them!
- Create a set of criteria for your “A” Players (“Talent Profile”), irrespective of who your “A” Players are now
- Survey your “A” Players separately – this is a MILLION DOLLAR idea!
- Looking at the responses from your top performers, focus on those issues FIRST!
How to build an Effective Virtual Workforce – Create a M.A.P.
- “M” – Meetings – This is about Effectiveness. Set Standard and Clear Expectations for Meetings, Roles, Projects – Take the extra time to develop clarity through conversations, since we are separated geographically
- To enhance effectiveness – assign two people to the same assignment, forcing them to interact and collaborate
- For weekly meetings ask for L.M.S. – Learnings, Mistakes, Support
- At every weekly meeting have everyone share what did I learn, what mistake did I make, where do I need support?
- “A” – Accountability – Focus on managing the RESULTS, not the time!
- “P” – Performance – Create more touch points to inspire people to interact more and constantly motivate them to perform
- Have more meetings (once a week vs. twice a week) AND make them shorter!
How to be a more effective Virtual Leader – Vulnerability
- Ask for support
- Share where your head is at, especially if you can’t take something on at the moment
- Talk about your personal space
- Share with your team members what you are doing to support them personally
- Share your appreciation for all that they do
Audio Credit: Show Me the Way, Vendredi
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.