EP. 27: Taste And See (with Margaret Feinberg)
God could have designed humans to eat rocks, but instead He created food and gave men and women thousands of taste buds to enjoy it. On this episode of “God Hears Her,” Margaret Feinberg joins the show to talk food, which is really a discussion into the deepest longings of a woman’s heart, and God’s invitation to taste and see that He is good.
About Our Guest:
Margaret Feinberg is a podcaster on The Joycast, a speaker, and an author of several books that have sold over a million copies. She was recently named one of Christianity Today’s top 50 women shaping culture and the church. She lives in Utah with her husband, Leif, and their super-pup Hershey. Her recent book is Taste and See: Discovering God Among Butchers, Bakers and Fresh Food Markets.
Notes and Quotes:
* "Food is God’s love made edible."
* "God creates the garden with a plethora of food and then gives us thousands of taste buds to enjoy it."
* "What we really ache for is to know and be known, to love and be loved, and to enter a place where we can be vulnerable and any sense of shame scurries away."
* "Communities are little mirrors that reflect ourselves back to us."
* "There are times when I need, through prayer and Scripture, to hear God’s love for me. And there are other times, for that to really take root, I need to hear it through other humans who are reflecting His glory and His presence."
* "Social media is a dangerous game because it begins to feel like 'life.' But when words come from a person, in person, they are more meaningful and life-changing."
* "If you want to have community, you have to build it, often out of nothing."
* "If we want to be seen, we may have to open our eyes and see first. If we want to be heard, we have to become people who are really great listeners."
* "The deepest hungers of your heart are uniquely designed to be met first and foremost by God. Jesus really is the One who can speak the syllables you most need to hear."
* "Reach out to meet others’ needs; and as you love them and bring joy to them, you’ll find some of your needs met too."
* "Choose good people: life-giving, Jesus-loving, makes-you-laugh-until-tears-run-down- your-cheeks-and-other-places kind of people."
* Show Notes on godhearsher.org
* God Hears Her website
* Share the love by giving this episode a 5-star rating!
* Get your copy of Margaret Feinberg’s book Taste and See on Amazon
* Free e-booklet: Open Hearts, Open Homes
* Our Daily Bread website
* Elisa’s Instagram: elisamorganauthor
* Eryn’s Instagram: eryneddy
Hebrews 13:21 NIV “We are called, equipped, and chosen.”
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “Plan and a future”
Ephesians 2:10 NIV “Appointed good works for me to do”
Romans 8:38 NIV “I am loved by God.”
2 Corinthians 10 NIV “Take every thought captive.”