Alex Su left a cushy BigLaw job in an elite law firm for a job in sales. Or, more accurately, to help build the future of law.
On this week's episode of the Leading Lawyer Project, I interview Alex Su, the Director of Business Development at Evisort, a technology company providing legal teams with AI-powered Contract Management.
We talk about:
- Leaving big law and moving into legal tech startups
- “The practice of law isn’t like it is on TV or on the movies”
- “I saw where the world was moving toward”
- Working with people in sales vs law
- The catalysts that cause people to change careers
- “I remember hearing a partner with 15 years of experience talking to a client about the form and format of these documents, not about the matter.”
- If Alex misses anything about the practice of law
- The profession of sales
- The challenges associated with transitioning from law to sales
- How people react to you when you leave the legal profession and give up a stable big law job
- Building a brand by leveraging LinkedIn
- How AI will improve over the next 5 years and help with the entire contract lifecycle
- Re-thinking legal careers
- Getting into law school without amazing grades
You can find more about Alex's work
- I'd love if you could leave a review and a rating wherever you listen to your podcasts! It makes a huge difference and helps people find the show.
- Subscribe to The Leading Lawyer Project on iTunes
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Have an idea for the podcast, a guest you'd love to hear from, or an idea for me to explore? Drop me a line here: email@example.com