Rebecca Park, Managing Director of Corporate Affairs at UK Finance talks to Daisy about the real role of communications professionals, why working in an industry body is more interesting that you might think and, of course, why everybody hates bankers.
She also dispenses some excellent advice, including:
- One of the most valuable roles we can play is to be the person in the room who identifies and manages risk.
- Building reputation isn't about talking to your customers about trust. Instead, focus on delivering what they expect from you - trust and reputation will follow.
- Don't destroy your credibility by defending the indefensible.
- Sometimes the right answer isn't to try and grab the headlines: communications takes many forms and the answer might be much more low key than that. And finally,
- Remember that not every decision needs to be taken right now. It might be even better to wait and observe.
For all this as well as insights into how the financial crisis helped banks to navigate Covid, and sensible thoughts on looking after your team during an extended incident, tune in for our season finale.