You just want to do your job. You wish dumb problems would stop getting in the way. You don't have time to deal with people's dirty games and tricks. The drama is sucking the life out of you.
No matter how much work you do on your own mindset, developing your technical skills or trying to stay out of the drama, someone always finds a way to suck you back in.
It's hard to stay chirpy and positive when your'e surrounded by negativity. I hope the prompts I share in this episode can get you to see the situation with more clarity and curiosity and that you're encouraged to use these darker times to learn and grow.
- Get curious about your discomfort
- You want to run away, scream or check out - what is it about the situation that's making you feel that way?
- Why do you feel so strongly about it?
- What does your reaction say about you?
- Get curious about why they're acting that way
- What could be going on for them?
- What do the different parties want? Or what do they want to avoid?
- What's driving their ugly behaviour?
- Get clear on what you want and don't want
- What will you tolerate and what is off limits?
- What is your favoured outcome?
- Help yourself get through this
- If you know it's going to be a tough day, how can you show kindness to yourself?
- What small things can you do to make it easier?
- Who can you lean on for support?
- What can you do outside of work?
- What are the things you can control?
- How can you continue acting with integrity and not get sucked into the drama?
- Journalling, pep talk, asking someone for help
- Create an action plan - "When I get triggered, I'll do X."
- Post-drama reflection
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What did you learn about how others act?
- Was this temporary or will it happen again and again?
- Do you need to remove yourself from the situation?
- What would you do again or differently next time?
If you have goals to become that next level version of yourself this year, coaching could be the life-changing boost you need. Book a call with me here to see if coaching with me would be helpful for you.
L E T ' S C O N N E C T !
> Instagram: @tiffanydawson_
> LinkedIn: Tiffany Dawson
> Twitter: @_tiffanydawson_
> Website: www.tiffanydawson.co