10 hours ago
She's a Game Changer - Kelly MacPherson
Join our special guest Kelly MacPherson, from the mega-James Beard award winning Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). More than a trailblazer, she's been a Game Changer for her entire career.
Kelly shares her remarkable journey in hospitality and retail, from configuring her first POS network to becoming one of the early female CTOs -- and she continues to revolutionize how restaurants operate.
Despite plans for retirement, she canceled them to join USHG and lead their Technology and Supply Chain division, driven by the brand's core pillars of "Enlightened Hospitality," a term coined by their infamous founder, Danny Meyer.
*Moments to listen for:*
* Kelly’s mission to change how we deliver Reporting & Analytics.
* Her quest to use data for powerful storytelling.
* Building exceptional Employee-First Experiences with a mobile-first strategy.
* The Connected Restaurant. What it is and how USHG is delivering it.
* The timeless tech question: Best in Class or All-in-One Solutions?
* Importance of partnerships and open collaboration among tech companies.
* The journey to CTO and what convinced Kelly to come out of retirement.
* The path to achieving “Enlightened Hospitality,” and how USHG does it.
* * * *The Future of Data Starts Here – Darien Bates** *
* * AI Inside & Outside the Four Walls – Phil Crawford, CKE*
* * Here’s What Innovation Looks Like – Amir Hudda, CEO of Qu*
*Related Assets: *
* * ** Article: How Software Architecture Impacts Restaurant Performance *
* * White Paper: What is a Unified Commerce Platform? *
Connect with Kelly on LinkedIn
Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality, by Danny Meyer