Have you recently visited your favorite coffee shop or fast food joint and it’s taking longer than usual to get your order? Unfortunately, you are not alone.
Across the nation, operators are struggling to staff their restaurants and retain talent for the long term. This can lead to shortened store hours or even restaurants closing their doors altogether.
To solve these dire labor challenges, we believe broad sweeping changes are needed for a stronger future. This episode of Restaurants Reinvented is the start of a new series focused solely on labor and what operators can do to attract and retain employees.
This week, Jen welcomes Stacey Sikorski, Mid-Market Key Accounts Executive of 7shifts, and Niko Papademetriou, SVP of Sales & Business Development of Qu, to discuss how operators can leverage modern technology solutions to improve working conditions for their team.
Moments to Listen For:
• A job in the restaurant industry is more than just a career stepping stone.
Working in a restaurant is not easy. It never has been. It's time to recognize your workers as essential to running your business by empowering them with the tools they need to succeed as well as compensating them fairly.
• How can technology streamline operations and make everyday life at work easier?
Hear from Niko about how Qu's Notify app uses AI and machine learning so your team leaders can spend less time sorting through reports and more time with the staff, the guest, and the business.
• Technology can improve communication, transparency, and predictability.
Stacey describes how 7shifts is making scheduling on Excel a thing of the past. 7shifts scheduling solution aims to put the real-time work schedule in the palm of your employees' hands -- exchanging shifts can now be a breeze!
• Notify: The First Voice-Activated Analytics App
• 5 Ways Restaurant Scheduling Software Improves Staff Communication
• Invest in Relationships with Paul Macaluso (RR Episode!)
Connect with Stacey & Niko on LinkedIn!