Jan 21, 2023
The Future of Data Starts Here - Darien Bates, co-founder, Fourtop Solutions
If you’re wondering how to make sense of that ocean of data your restaurant is trying to wrangle, Darien has answers!
Formerly the CTO at &Pizza, Darien’s new company, Fourtop Solutions, is all about helping restaurants organize and activate their data -- while encouraging humans to do the discovery of data and using technology to automate that discovery.
*Top Moments to Listen For: *
* Technology is not a pre-packaged meal, it’s a set of ingredients with overlapping capabilities and core components
* Start by centralizing your data, or you’ll constantly be back-tracking
* Dashboards are where data goes to die - they don’t make good use of data - humans do
* “There are no bad systems, only bad architectures”
* Data is like water and you have an ocean that needs structures and flows
* Let robots be robots (automation) and humans be human (discoverers)
* The value of POS has been largely overlooked; it needs to be a hub to pull in centralized data
* Hart House is using Fourtop Solutions to deploy its employee-first operations
* Technology is not a purpose -- it’s a tool to accomplish something; start with your business objectives and then find the right-fit systems to support that.
* The future of automation and ChatGPT
*Related Episodes: *
* Burn it Down & Fail Forward Fast – Justin Keenen of Hart House
* Mastering the Digital Dance – Michael Chachula, CIO, Fat Brands
* Here’s What Innovation Looks Like – Amir Hudda, CEO of Qu
* Trailblazin’ CTO Completes Full Tech Refresh in Under 1 Year – Dawn Gillis Freebirds World Burrito
* “Dashboards is where data goes to die” by Darien Bates
Connect with Darien on LinkedIn