In this episode Courtney and Chris foolishly enter the Twitter bin-fire that is the Cancel Culture debate. However, rather than take sides they take the cowards option and discuss a few historical examples of bioethicists getting cancelled or at least attempts made to cancel them. Listen to hear discussions of trans-pacific evangelical politics, a modern-day King Herod, and the notorious after-birth abortion paper...(sheesh).
- Jones, D. Gareth. "The View from a Censored Corner." Journal of American Scientific Affiliation September (1985): 169-77.
- Tooley, Michael. "Abortion and Infanticide." Philosophy & Public Affairs 2, no. 1 (1972): 37-65.
- Pinker, Steven. "Why They Kill Their Newborns." New York Times, Nov. 2, 1997.
- Singer, Peter, and Helga Kuhse. Should the Baby Live?: The Problems of Handicapped Babies. Oxford University Press, 1985.
- An open letter from Giubilini and Minerva, Journal of Medical Ethics Blog.
Music & Art