Mar 23, 2021
Jill Heinerth - Into The Planet - Underwater Exploration Photography
On this episode of The Photography Lounge, your host Alastair Jolly has a conversation with the incredible Jill Heinerth.
Jill is an underwater explorer, photographer, writer, speaker, and filmmaker. A pioneer of technical rebreather diving, she has led expeditions into icebergs in Antarctica, volcanic lava tubes, and submerged caves worldwide.
She is the first Explorer-in-Residence of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.
Her memoir, INTO THE PLANET, has been lauded by the Wall Street Journal, Oprah Magazine, and the New York Times.
She is also a Fellow of the International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame, Underwater Academy of Arts and Sciences, Women Divers Hall of Fame, and the Explorers Club, which awarded her with the William Beebe Award for ocean exploration.
Join Alastair and Jill as they look back at what drove Jill to become one of the worlds leading cave divers and as they discuss the dangers, the beauty and the technical difficulties of the work that Jill does and the worlds she loves to explore.
Learn more about Jill:
* Website: https://jillheinerth.smugmug.com/
* Into The Planet: https://www.intotheplanet.com/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jillheinerth/
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jillheinerth
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/jillheinerth
Find out all about the features SmugMug & Flickr have to offer at:
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/SmugMug
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/SmugMug
* Instagram: http://instagram.com/smugmug
* Blog: https://news.smugmug.com
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/flickr/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Flickr
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/flickr/
* Blog: https://blog.flickr.net