Can you reverse thyroid damage? To answer this and many other questions, tune in to another episode with Dr. Anshul Gupta
1. Functional medicine approaches to treating thyroid disorders may include optimizing nutrient intake, using supplements such as probiotics or selenium, and addressing underlying root causes such as gut dysfunction or chronic stress.
2. BPC-157 is another amazing peptide that can help treat stomach issues and nutrient absorption that happens with hypothyroid function and Hashimoto's disease. This amazing peptide can help to repair and regenerate tissue while reducing inflammation and load on the immune system. This can be a great addition to Hashimoto's program.
3. One study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in 2004 found that elevated levels of CRP were associated with an increased risk of hypothyroidism in women. Another study published in the European Journal of Endocrinology in 2010 found that elevated levels of CRP were associated with a decreased response to thyroid hormone replacement therapy in individuals with hypothyroidism.
4. Conventional medical treatments for thyroid disorders may include hormone replacement therapy, anti-thyroid medications, or surgery. While these treatments can be effective, they may also have side effects such as weight gain, insomnia, or anxiety.
5. It's important to note that medication and lifestyle changes should always be discussed with a healthcare provider, and treatment plans should be individualized based on a person's specific health needs and concerns.
Dr. Gupta's book Reversing Hashimoto's is an amazing resource for all of this and more. If you are dealing with weight gain, fatigue, hair loss, or mood changes I highly recommend you check this out and work with Dr. Gupta at www.anshulguptamd.com
Links from today's show: