We often think about training our body or our muscles but on this episode you'll learn from Applied Neurology expert, Elisabeth Kristof, that we should really be training our nervous system.
Elisabeth is the owner of Brain-based Wellness an online platform designed to help you improve your nervous system function to better your health, healing and performance.
On today's show we go through so much good stuff but the cliff notes are:
- Where does pain come from in the nervous system
- How Elisabeth discovered the power of Applied Neurology
- How does STRESS affect your nervous system and health
- How to correct imbalance in your nervous system
- The most effective breathing technique to use during a stressful moment
- How you can assess the health of your own nervous system
- What signs you need to look for to know if something is creating a protective response in your nervous system
- One crazy technique to improve spinal mobility! (This worked amazingly well for me after a bow shooting session)
- How a lack of range of motion in your EYES can cause headaches and nervous system dysregulation
- How much do beliefs change your bodies response to movement, food and more
- The exact journaling technique you can use to help your nervous system (Its the most fun I've ever had journaling)
- Why we binge eat and how to fix it!
- Should we actually be performing movements incorrectly sometimes?
- What you can do everyday to train and improve the health of your nervous system
Mentions on the podcast:
Elisabeth's FREE Video Series
TED Talk: Amy Cuddy: Your body language may shape who you are
Elisabeth Louisa Kristof (@elkristof) • Instagram photos and videos
Acadiana Pain & Performance