Today on the podcast is Dr. Amy Cavanaugh. Amy is a Psychologist with over 16 years experience working with cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, play therapy and others.
On todays episode we dive into:
- Your brain's one job
- How you think, how you feel, and how you behave are all interrelated...how to use that to improve your mood, performance, and feelings.
- Some great techniques to help if someone is feeling anxious, nervous or depressed?
- How can mental health cause physical symptoms?
- What activities can we do to improve our mental health?
- Pandemic effects both good and bad on our mental health
- The most important time for brain development and what we can do about it...
- Breaking the intergeneration transfer of trauma
- What's the first lab Dr. Cavanaugh would order for someone feeling anxiety, depression or stress
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and how is it used?
- What is positive psychology?
Dr. Cavanaugh's office: http://www.acadianamedpsych.com/About-Us/Dr-Amy-Cavanaugh
Show notes and info at www.DerrickHines.com