We discuss Segment Routing consideration during the COVID-19 pandemic and break it up to three priorities to consider.
1) Make the network more robust
- thanks to TI-LFA, whenever and wherever a node or a link fails in the network, connectivity can be restored within 50ms. SR increases network resiliency
2) Custom-fit the network to application needs
- SR is seminal to E2E network slicing implementation
- Customer applications can be mapped to network slices according to the SLAs expressed by applications.
3) Squeeze more out of your network
- SR advanced traffic engineering capabilities let Service providers dynamically reroute traffic, leading to increase network usage up to 80% or more.
- Only SR can deliver TE at mass scale