May 3, 2023
Episode 83 - The Esoteric Exit
Have you ever wondered why some people drift away from their faith and find themselves drawn to more esoteric belief systems, including New Ageism, cults, and other alternative spiritual paths? In today's conversation, our friends Raphael, Margaret, and Creig join us as we delve into the complexities of vulnerability and shame, and the role they play in pushing people away from their faith.
We emphasize the importance of genuine connections, listening, understanding, and walking with people through their struggles to prevent this exodus. By providing a safe haven for those seeking solace, the church can offer hope, forgiveness, and healing. Whether you're a believer, a skeptic, or someone curious about the allure of alternative belief systems, this conversation promises to provide insights, provoke thought, and foster empathetic dialogue. So, buckle up and join us as we explore the journey from faith to esoteric spirituality and the power of compassionate community support.
*MAYBE IT'S SPIRITUAL
*APPLE PODCAST • SPOTIFY • YOUTUBE
*EPISODE DRINKING NOTES:*
* *TOPPLING GOLIATH - *Rover Truck*
* Oatmeal Stout | 5% ABV
* *MAPLEWOOD - *Top Pocket
* Blonde Ale| 4.8%
* *SUTTER HOME - *Sauvignon Blanc
St. Helena, CA
* *NEW YORK SOUR
* 2 oz bourbon
* 3/4 oz lemon juice
* 1/2 oz simple syrup
* 1 egg white
* 1/2 oz red wine
* In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white.
* Dry shake (without ice) vigorously for about 10 seconds.
* Add ice to the shaker and shake again for another 10-15 seconds.
* Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
* Using a spoon, float the red wine over the top of the cocktail.
* Garnish with a lemon twist, if desired.
Support the show
*LINKS AND SOCIAL MEDIA*
*Website** • **Facebook** • **Instagram**