LaMar Boschman and Batsirai Chada discuss the importance of having a music theology. If we don't have an understanding of what the Bible says about music we will misuse it and not make application of music as God intended.
These topics are in a transformational online course called The Music of God that will help you know how to use music to experience God's presence and power resulting in miracles.
LaMar's books and blogs on the subject are available at LaMarBoschman.com
Support the show
- Definition of theology - the study of God. Theology of music the study of the music of God.
- Theology is for everyone and critical to everyone.
- It provides a foundation for the philosophy and worldview in your life, which in turn sets up inclinations of your heart and actions and decisions in all situations. So your theology will determine how you think, how you act and how you behave in any and every situation
- Many leaders and musicians are misappropriating the gift of music and are not using music as God intended.
- If we focus on the root (what the Bible says) the fruit (of signs and wonders) will be there.
- Some truths need to be caught not only taught. We must experience it to really know it. There is something that needs to be apprehended on the inside.