In this episode, Sonja Price joins me. We talk about making your career work for you. This means thinking about the guidance and finesse you will need, and what the decision criteria are for choosing what you do in your career. Very importantly, we talk about getting paid what you are worth.
Sonja is a career strategist and founder of Dynamo Careers. She is passionate about empowering professionals to accelerate their career success, to become financially free, and to make a positive impact around the world.
- Does your work, work for you? Are you getting the most out of your current role?
- Taking on a role at a small organisation can provide big opportunities for learning and growth
- Don't be afraid to re-invent your career. Multiple times if you have to
- A side hustle is a great way to soft start your new or changed career
- Pay attention to where you are at the moment, what skills you already have, and which you need to learn
- Create opportunities and even craft your ideal role
- Instead of a stretch goal, set yourself a stretch role
- Don't underestimate the value of building relationships and developing your social capital
- Having valuable skills (and knowing what these are) makes a big difference
- Use a combination of clarity and research to determine what you want from your career
- To get there, understand whether incremental adjustments or big jumps would work best
- Don't hesitate to seek help if you are stuck
We discussed the following resources on the show:
Connect with Sonja
Listeners can learn more about and connect with Sonja by visiting her website or LinkedIn.Support the show
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/agile-career/message