In this episode, I talk about coaching by briefly explaining what coaching is, answering some common questions about coaching and finally, tackling some coaching misconceptions.
- Coaching is different from mentoring and consulting
- To find a good coach you should start by understanding your needs, use your network, and evaluate potential coaches on their ability to help you achieve the outcome you are looking for
- Coaching does work - it needs a good coach and a coachable person
- If you are serious about achieving your goals and putting in the hard work, then coaching could be good for you
- Coaching brings new perspective, helps you set your direction, holds you accountable, improves your self-awareness, and helps you adapt to and drive change
- Coaching is not the same as therapy or counselling
- Coaching does not take a lot of time
- Coaching is not only for people with problems
- Coaching is collaborative and not "done to you"
- Coaches don't need to have a similar background to you
- A coach doesn't need to be a sports star to coach as a sports star
- Coaching is not a luxury
Recommended ReadingSupport the show
I recommend reading The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More and Change the Way You Lead Forever by Michael Bungay Stanier