Did you know that “Love Addiction” exists and it’s rooted from lacking self-love? It may sound crazy, but it’s real! Today’s guest, Katie Grimes, opens up about this addiction that she had a while ago and how she managed to overcome it. Nowadays, Katie is a Sober Dating Coach who helps women increase their self-esteem to create healthier and happier love lives. If you’re desperate to find love, listen up and you’ll learn a big lesson!
- After 5 years of working at a commercial real estate company, Katie realized that the woman’s role in that corporate sector was neglected. Because of this, she decided to start hosting small events for women to connect and interact with each other.
- At one moment in her life, Katie realized that she had a Love Addiction: she felt empty inside and she had a constant need to flirt or have sex with men in order to fulfill that emptiness. That’s how she decided to get sober from love.
- Katie had a traumatic experience on a ski trip which encouraged her to teach other women how to heal, love themselves, and increase their self confidence. Eventually, she started coaching professionally on dating which is all about self-love.
- When dating, there are three common attachment styles that people tend to experience and Katie explains each of them in detail.
- The importance of understanding that people who are using dating apps may not be looking for the same relationship as you are: some are looking for a girlfriend, others are more into casual relationships, etc.
- Being aware of some red flags when dating is crucial to know which ones are your limits and if you’re actually right for that person.
To learn more about Katie Grimes, visit her website or follow her on Instagram
Sign up for The First Degree Membership! By becoming a member, we’re getting more intimate than ever! Get the Membership!
Check our past episodes of The Sixth Degree podcast! Remember to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.