Confidence. What really is it? How can we get more of it? And is it a fixed trait or something we can train? Well ... we're diving into all of this and more with today's guest - confidence coach, Sarah Denholm.
Over the past 12 years Sarah has helped thousands of people to increase their influence and impact when communicating with others - whether it be on stage in front of a sea of faces or in more private conversations. So what does it take to develop the confidence to speak with clarity and intention? And why is self worth SO important?
In our conversation Sarah talks about:
- the incredible transformation that led her to sharing this work with others. From years struggling with anxiety and speaking in public to teaching others the confidence to share their voice - her experiences are remarkable.
- why self-worth is so important, along with expecting a positive outcome and 'inhabiting' our body.
- the difference between confidence and courage and why we need both.
- what it means to 'find' our voice.
- how to turn around our negative self-talk.
Sarah also shares practical tips for us to implement - whether you're looking for more confidence in sharing your voice with a crowd or with your friends and family.
This conversation totally rocked my world. I hope you love it.
Find out more about Sarah and her work:
Mentioned in this Episode:
The Movement and Mindfulness Podcast Episode 60 with Dr Sharn Rocco
The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal (book)