There are numerous ways to make money in the multifamily industry, one of which is to be a passive investor while living your dream. To achieve success as an investor, you must first learn the priorities of each person you work with within the deals.
In today's episode, Tate's guest Scott Kidd, a full-time yacht captain, and multifamily investor shared his experience on how becoming a captain of a boat can relate to becoming an investor in the real estate business and adapting most of the lessons he has learned from being a captain for almost 21 years.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Background of Scott Kidd and How He Started Investing in Real Estate
- When to Use the Power of Silence when Communicating
- Scott on Becoming A Mentor for Legacy UK
- Taking Advantage of the Technology With The Current Situation
- Is Multifamily a Full-Time Gig
- Understanding General Partnership in Apartment Syndication Process
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Being a Limited Partner
- Advantages of Working with Real Estate Professionals
- The Benefits of Teamwork and Camaraderie
- Working in Limited or General Partnerships in the Coming Years
- Things You Can Achieve as a Limited Partner
- Lessons in Developing the Right People to Work With