If you had a magic wand and you could radically modify the way corporate IT engages itself in organizations, what would you change?
That's the question we asked Joe Peppard, Principal Research Scientist at the Center for Information Systems Research of MIT Sloan School of Management.
Joe provides awesome answers based on years of field research about the need to change the IT structure. His insights cover many areas such as:
- Why the classical IT department holds back organizations in their quest for digital success;
- Where do the real opportunities lie;
- Managing information technologies vs organizing for success with information technology;
- Comfortable positions and longstanding behaviors;
- The inwardly focussed self-management regime of IT departments.