In this episode I talk to Digital Marketing specialist Dan Roberts. Dan focuses specifically within Paid Media and works at one of the biggest digital performance marketing agencies in the world. He also has his own blog which is his vehicle to provide actionable and honest insight on all things PPC (https://ppchubbub.com/)
On the show we talk about:
- The misconception that you have to be from a maths, computer science or statistics background to be in digital marketing.
- How there is now so much data to play with in your campaigns and the need to be constantly curious and testing.
- The fact that PPC has evolved from just being keyword based. Advertisers get ahead now by targeting and bucketing users in a much more strategic way.
- Why the automation and AI shift requires a reframe rather than being seen as a threat.
- The qualities being deployed by agencies that are doing well right now.
- What makes a good team dynamic and why you should ignore the HIPPO.
- The importance of situational leadership and what that looks like.
- How to transition into being a manager.
- The future of data privacy and the benefit of that for consumers and advertisers.
You can follow Dan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dannayroberts
Enjoy The Show!