On this episode I'm joined by New York based Casting Director Daryl Eisenberg. Daryl is a Casting Director and Managing Partner with Eisenberg/Beans Casting. From 2004-2017, Daryl was the owner of Daryl Eisenberg Casting. As a casting associate and assistant, Daryl has worked in the offices of some of the greats in NY casting. Daryl has taught at schools and institutions around the country. She holds a BFA from Tisch School of The Arts/New York University and Playwrights Horizons Theater School.
On the show we chat about:
- How your career is a marathon not a sprint and the power in seeing it as such.
- Ensuring you are submitting for projects that you are realistically ready for.
- The great value in student films.
- Auditioning is a skill and the application of the 10,000 rule to your auditioning life.
- How the most important thing right now is to focus on your self-care and mental and emotional well being.
- Why your type needs to be aligned with the narrative of the story.
For more on Eisenberg/Beans Casting go here: https://www.ebcastingco.com/Support the show
You can connect with Daryl on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DECasting
Enjoy the show!