On this episode I chat with LA Casting Director Paul Weber. He has cast over 75 features and shows and has 20 years in the casting profession. Paul has worked with most of the major studios and networks on numerous television series and features, the most prominent being MGM as in house casting director and executive.
We talk about:
- Paul's experience as an independent casting director post working at MGM.
- Why Netflix is doing so well.
- What Paul thinks it would have been like to cast at a studio like MGM now during the streaming era.
- The explosion of diversity and how casting have always wanted that.
- Why it is essential that actors create their own work.
- The importance of getting the Casting Directors attention in the first 10 to 15 seconds of your self-tape and what that looks like!
- What making a "bold choice" means.
- The traits of an actor that tend to make an impression for him.
If you'd like to find out more about Paul you can go to https://webercasting.com/Support the show
Enjoy the show!