On this episode I talk with Casting Director Caitlin Well. Caitlin worked as a Casting Associate at Warner Brothers on projects like Man Of Steel and Batman v Superman. She then went on to work in casting in Australia for a year before returning to LA to freelance with Casting Director John Papsidera. Caitlin set up as a Casting Director in her own right in 2019, largely focusing on independent feature films.
We talk about:
- How being freelance during Covid gave her more control over her career.
- Some of the ways scripts and films were impacted by Covid.
- How important is a slate and ident really?
- The beauty of being able to give real time re-directs to actors in auditions.
- Why actors don't always get feedback on auditions.
- How Caitlin approaches casting for a role from the script stage.
- The difference between casting on the studio side compared to on indie films.
- The experience of casting in Australia.
- What it was like to work in Casting at Warner Brothers.
- The casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
- How actors can best approach auditions when everything is NDA'd and you have no real sides or context on the project.
You can connect with Caitlin on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cwellcasting/Support the show
Enjoy the show!