On this episode I chat with Casting Director Clare Harlow. Clare was Casting Associate at Kate Dowd Casting for 8 years where she worked on projects like "Treadstone", "Jack Ryan", "Official Secrets" and "Automata".
We talk about:
- How it's a common misconception that the end decision is always Casting's.
- Natural ability Vs Technique
- Advice for in person auditions and why they are Clare's preference.
- How she has been using Zoom for casting sessions over the last year.
- Tips on how to approach one liner roles, including examples of how not to do them.
- Accents and having footage of other languages on your reel.
- How Clare gets work as a Casting Director.
You can connect with Clare on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/clare_harlowSupport the show
Enjoy the show!