On this episode I chat with screenwriter and director Lance Nielsen, who's written and directed countless plays and is known for his debut feature film "The Journey" (Jason Flemyng, Lindsey Coulson) as well as the Sci-Fi novels "Diamonds In The Sky".
We talk about:
- The importance of self imposed deadlines and accountability.
- The difference between writing a novel and a screenplay.
- The process of writing a TV series and what goes into pitching it.
- Why preparation is a crucial component in the writing process.
- Understanding what story you want to tell and the medium it is to be told through.
- The difference between the early stages of a writers career compared to that of a director's career.
- Advice that Lance would give to his younger filmmaker self.
- Insights on funding and raising financial support for you indie film.
- The process of writing a play and then producing and Directing it.
- Lance's upcoming project, 13 Seconds In Kent State.
You can find out more about Lance's Sci-Fi Novel "Diamonds In The Sky" here: https://www.diamondsintheskybookseries.com/Support the show
You can follow Lance on Twitter at https://twitter.com/LanceNielsenWD
Enjoy the show!