On this episode I chat with 2 time Emmy award winner Debi Manwiller. She hast cast shows like 24, Chicago Hope and The Blacklist and part of the independent casting company Manwiller/Boast Casting along with Russell Boast.
We talk about:
- The freedom that came to producers with things moving to self-tapes.
- Why it's harder for an actor to create a performance in a vacuum, with no in person feedback.
- The necessity of still having some in room auditions (post-Covid).
- Your personality and how you might be on set is part of the calculus of a casting decision.
- Why you need the mentality of "I Won" when you get invited to audition.
- The importance of always working on your craft and trying to find a way to focus on other things after an audition.
- How Debi had to take her own advice when it came to pitching for projects she wanted to cast.
- The journey of a self-tape.
Enjoy the show!Support the show