On this episode I talk to legendary Casting Director Jane Jenkins who has likely cast one, if not many, of your favorite movies in her career. From the likes of A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13 and A Few Good Men to When Harry Met Sally, Home Alone and The Princess Bride.
We chat about:
- How all auditions are self-tape now and how this is the way we're going to see you anyway, on screen.
- The inordinate amounts of money currently being spent on Covid measures for projects to happen.
- Why things are going to be tougher for actors getting into the business.
- The casting of Andre The Giant in The Princess Bride.
- How they came up with the couples stories at the end of When Harry Met Sally.
- Why casting is about serving the Director's vision.
- The reason you can't be result oriented in your audition.
- The casting on Apollo 13
- How everyone on a project has had to "audition" in some form for the job they got.
Enjoy the show!Support the show