On episode 35 I talk to Casting Director Richard Hicks who has cast some of the biggest movies you can think of; from Gravity, Zero Dark Thirty and Hell or High Water to Yes Man, Dude, Where's My Car? And Bean. Richard was the President of the Casting Society of America and is a former Actor who trained at The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London.
We chat about:
- The things you can do to claim your power back as an actor.
- Why it's so important to let go of the "hunger" for the job.
- The two mindset traps that actors sometimes fall into.
- Why you need to have a clear understanding of the meaning behind what you're doing and your drive for wanting it.
- What you can do when you're not getting auditions.
- How Richard prefers to be contacted by actors.
- The fact that a good actor will not look for the Casting Directors validation or approval when they do their audition.
You can follow Richard on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RichardHCasting and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RichardHicksCasting/Support the show
Enjoy the show!