Today's episode is all about the sustainability of the shoemaking process. I chatted with Casey Dworkin, Founder and Creative Director of Sylven NY, on her investment in sustainable supply chains and recycled materials.
- How Casey became interested in sustainability and incorporated it into the founding of Sylven
- How shoes are made!
- The use of recycled plastic in the supply chain
- Different types of vegan leather used
- Sourcing new, innovative materials
- Sourcing these materials close to the factory in Italy to reduce carbon emissions
How Sylven Shoes are Made (definitely check this out)