Elizabeth J. Carlisle is originally from Silver Spring, Maryland. She was trained in classical ballet before becoming an actress. She is Emmy Abernathy on the new TV series, Rich and The Ruthless, airing on the Urban Movie Channel. She has appeared in numerous television shows, including How I Met Your Mother, House M.D., Bosch, Parenthood, and Pretty Little Liars.
In this episode we discuss:
- Her journey growing up as a ballerina to developing anorexia
- How the social pressure of a being a ballerina affected her
- What different types of eating disorders look like
- Why at age 12 she barely ate but still thought she was fat at 68 pounds.
- Where the eating disorder stemmed from and why being seen, heard, respected and the need for control, had a lot to do with it
- Why she feels that if it wasn’t for her eating disorder, she would be further along in her career
- How she uses her “wise mind” to overcome the “eating disorder voice”
- How the pressures of Hollywood play on her self worth
- What disordered eating looks like and how Hollywood’s culture fuels it
Connect with Elizabeth:
Connect with Ashley: