Hebrews – A Call to Commitment:
“Privilege Demands Action”
- “Therefore,” sums up all the doctrine he has been expounding upon; Doctrine leads to action!
- When Jesus died the curtain separating the Holy place from the most holy place was torn from top to bottom (Mk 15:38) Like the curtain his body was torn to open the way.
- This is our authors counterpart to John 14:6; “I am the way…
We are called to three specific action steps:
1. Live in a state of Worship (God)
- How do we worship? It’s all about lifestyle here!
- Sincerely; Sincere Heart or lowly of heart: Isaiah 57:15
- The lowly or poor in spirit recognize their spiritual depravity: Mt. 5:3
- Our spirits and our bodies are saved; 1 Pet 3:21
2. Hold on to your Confession of Faith (World)
- It is about our witness to the world.
- Faith and confession are welded together in Rom 10:9-10
- Trust in the faithfulness of God: 2 Tim 2:13
- Our hope is based on God’s unfailing promises.
3. Spur one another on toward Noble Living (Church)
- Christianity is not a lone-ranger faith.
- “The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion.” (Wesley, the Methodist movement.
- How do we spur?
- We fellowship together.
- We are a body; thus, we need to come together.
- We Encourage not discourage.
- Why? The clock is ticking: Rom 8:18
- Godliness with contentment is great gain: 1 Tim 6:6-9
Support the show