“The End of Arrogance”
- Pride is the key sin: Isaiah 2:11
- Pride exalts us over God: Gen. 11:3-4
Three Keys Ending Arrogance:
1. God's Rule
- Babylon represents the world system that stands against God. Rev 14:8
- They are tools in the hand of God: Isaiah 10:5
- The early church recognized that God was the Lord of history. Acts 4:27-28
- Thus, they accepted his direction even if it meant persecution.
2. God’s Wrath
- Ultimately it is God that is coming; how foolish to trust in mere humans. Isaiah 2:22
Three reactions to God’s Wrath:
1. Wailing or Howling: Amos 5:16
2. Fear: Their courage will fail.
3. Terror: It is inevitable like child birth: 1 Thes 5:2-3
- They are red faced/shamed; They have put their trust in man: Psalm 25:2-3
- Who or what are you trusting in?
- Because evil prefers darkness, darkness it will have: Joel 2:10
- God is light: 1 John 1:5
- But Creation will also be liberated: Rom 8:20-22
3. God’s Abandonment
Three results of Abandonment:
1) No protection
- Remember we have abandoned God first: Isaiah 1:4
2) No escape
- You will be caught and captured.
3) No mercy
- God’s judgment involves getting our way: Rom 1:28
Support the show (https://paypal.me/pwp398?locale.x=en_US)