Happy to be back with another Q&A episode. So many valuable questions, it was hard to choose! I've selected the most commonly asked questions as well as a few less often asked but useful to answer as I haven't seen them often discussed elsewhere.
In this episode I answer your questions about:
- when you learn about Montessori, make some changes, and things seem to be getting worse rather than better
- how much to let our children play independently and how much to do together like cooking, playing football together etc
- how much to show our child how to play with an activity vs letting them explore for themselves
- a child who has never put away toys and when asked says, "you do it"
- training to become a Montessori teacher
- whether picture to picture matching is a Montessori activity or not
- ideas for integrating Montessori into the early infant days
- dealing with a toddler who is avoiding bedtime and using every excuse and getting up constantly
- not interfering with the child and observing them, but feeling like they could be doing something more interesting or meaningful themselves
- dealing with family who buy lots of battery-powered toys without being ungrateful
- what to do when friends have battery-powered toys and merchandised toys that you don't allow them at home
- how to arrange a sleeping area for a newborn and 3 year old
- what I recommend as a crash course for beginners
- applying Montessori with children with special needs, ie, physical and learning difficulties
- what type of children Montessori is best for
- how to talk to a family member who cares for your infant but is not in agreement with the Montessori approach
- talking with a young child about upcoming medical procedures, scars etc
- finding space for Montessori with a 4 year old and 6 month old in a small space
- what to do when your 18-month old keeps getting to the sink to play with water
- dealing with a child screaming with frustration
So many fun questions, right? I hope you all find some useful answers to your Montessori questions.
Sadly this episode of the podcast is the last of Season 1. That went by so quick! I don't yet have a date for Season 2, but if you'd like to be kept up to date, be sure to subscribe here to receive my regular e-newsletter with the latest news and always packed full of Montessori inspiration.
And in the meantime, there are also lots of podcast episodes in this season to listen to or revisit, you can follow me on Instagram, check out the blog and free resources, and there are lots of online courses to explore too.
Til Season 2! Watch this space...
Links from this episode
Click here for full show notes: https://www.themontessorinotebook.com/your-montessori-questions-answered-2/
Want even more Montessori inspiration?
- website: themontessorinotebook.com/the-montessori-notebook-podcast
- instagram: instagram.com/themontessorinotebook
- facebook: facebook.com/themontessorinotebook
- my online courses: themontessorinoteb<