Today’s career tip spotlight is on investing in your professional relationships, because, like in life, relationships take you far in your career.
Sujani provides a few examples of how relationships have taken her far in her career, and follows up by answering the following two questions:
- Who do I build relationships with?
- How do I build strong professional relationships?
- You can choose anyone in your professional circle to build a relationship with; it’ll be a trial and error process. Think beyond your team, department, and even organization when deciding who to build relationships with.
- When building your professional network, think about these general categories: Who will support me when I am faced with a tough decision at work? Whose advice do I respect - at a peer level and at a manager level? Who is part of other great networks that I can also leverage and be a part of? Who will recommend me for great opportunities? Who is well connected?
- Your network is your net worth.
- Building strong professional relationships, like any other relationship, takes time.
- List of actions to take immediately to start building your network.
LEAVE A REVIEW!
If you are listening to this on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast or Spotify, please do leave us a review so that other public health professionals know what to expect and also for us to know how you are enjoying these episodes!
Support the show (http://www.phspot.ca/signup)