In this episode, Sujani shares a presentation she did last year to the ThriveHire audience. Having recently found this video, and listening to it again now almost a year later, we felt that the advice couldn’t be any more important right now. So we decided to put it up here on our podcast, as well as a little bit about our Infographics 101 course that ties in with tip #3. So, enjoy this episode, brought to you by Sujani, from the past 😉
- Sujani’s three tips for public health professionals starting out their careers
- Tip #1: Constantly think about building your network
- People and relationships will take you places: job opportunities, mentorship/advice, etc.
- Tip #2: Reflect, set goals, reflect some more & set more goals (and repeat)
- Look back, so you can look forward
- Tip #3: Make yourself stand out & shine
- How can you add value to your organization and make yourself stand out? And be valued?
- Developing a unique skill is one way to make yourself stand out, for example, being the one who can design infographics
Support the show (http://www.phspot.ca/signup)