Join Alexis and Lottie for a run-down of forbidden knowledge: the type that's ipso facto dangerous and the type that's dangerous because of what you can do with it. We discover Christopher Marlowe was definitely a spy, nuclear codes are modern occultism and everyone's neighbour Mrs Thrumb writes a very boring diary.
We skim past Papist plots, diabolical monkeys, why Lovecraft is like watching a snake getting dressed and conclude that if you can't poke something with an umbrella it's probably bad news.
Games / books mentioned in this episode, for your gaming / reading pleasure:
- Cultist Simulator, by us
- Fallen London, by Alexis Kennedy & Failbetter Games
- The King In Yellow, by Robert W. Chambers
- The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus, by Christopher Marlowe
- Different Kinds of Darkness, by David Langford
- 'Green Tea', by Sheridan Le Fanu
Follow us on Twitter and sign up to the mailing list to make sure you don't miss the next episode! ♥