England – a Nation of Jovlers - What is it to be English?
Join us as we discuss warm beer, what we love about England and more importantly what we hate! Do not expect four podcasters to over enthusiastically be waving flags and praising the royal family. We discuss a few stereotypes that might actually be true whilst drinking craft beer and finally playing a round of ‘Beer or BS’.
We hope you enjoy the show.
Geoff, Rachel, Nathan and Aaron
- Devil's Rest by Burning Sky (IPA) – 7.0% ABV
Rachel rates 8.0 out of 10
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Donut by Unbarred Brewery (Porter?) – 7.0% ABV
Aaron rates 7.3 out of 10
- Midnight Stack by Siren Craft Brewery (Milk Stout) – 4.2% ABV
Nathan rates 7.0 out of 10
- El Loco by Wilde Child Brewing (Limited Edition DIPA) - 9% ABV
Geoff rates out 8.5 of 10
Aaron's Craft Beer Suggestion:
- Cocoa Wonderland - Thornbridge Brewery - 6.8% ABV (Chocolate Porter)
Originally brewed with the amazing Cocoa Wonderland Chocolate Shop in Sheffield, the very first cask we packaged was crowned ‘Beer of the Festival’ in Sheffield. It has been one of our most popular beers ever since, going on to win more awards in the UK and in numerous countries worldwide as well. It is one of our core bottled beers and still available in cask from time to time, usually in the winter months. It’s made to be a Porter first, with a balanced roasty body bringing flavours of coffee and raisins, then huge chocolate notes on the nose and palate.
Beer or BS Standings 2021
- Rachel - 6 points - Average Score: 3.0
- Aaron - 6 points - Average Score: 3.0
- Nathan - 5 Points - Average Score: 2.50
We hope you enjoy the show. Please subscribe via your podcast app or on Spotify. If your Podcast app supports reviews, please give us a few kind words and a rating. New shows are released every 2 weeks on a Monday morning (GMT).
Follow us on Instagram @BeernBSShow for news and updates.