Oct 3, 2022
Ritual As Remedy with Mara Branscombe
👉 Kajabi For Yoga Teachers
I’m always doing rituals. Before my morning practice. Before I see clients, teach a class or record an interview. Bigger events get bigger rituals. And to be honest, I’ve never given it much thought, except for the fact that it’s something I like to do, and so I do it. However, when today's guest, Mara Branscombe, reached out to me to talk about her new book, Ritual As Remedy, I was intrigued.
Mara Branscombe is a mother, writer, yogi, artist, teacher, mindfulness leader, ceremonialist and spiritual coach. She is the author of “Ritual As Remedy: Embodied Practices For Soul Care.” Mara is passionate about weaving the art of mindfulness, self-care, creativity, mind–body practices, and earth-based rituals into her life and work, and she has been leading community ceremony since 2000. An adventurous spirit, Mara has sailed across the Atlantic Ocean, trekked across the Himalayas, studied yoga in India, planted trees in Canada’s north, lived off the grid in a remote cabin in the woods, worked as a Waldorf (Steiner School) teacher, and then found her passion for dance and choreography. All the while yoga, meditation, mysticism and ritual have been at the heart of Mara’s journey. Her trainings in the Incan Shaman lineage and the Pagan tradition have greatly inspired her life’s work of earth-based, ceremonial, intentional, and heart-centered living and loving. Mara currently lives in Vancouver, Canada with her husband and two daughters.
* Mara’s morning ritual & what a typical work day looks like
* What makes something a ritual
* Soul care vs. self care
* The benefits of ritual - what’s the point?
* Why letting go of the outcome is an essential part of the creative process of life
* Why Mara needed to commit to self-publishing her book, before she found a publisher
* How to trust your own intuition, and a story about firewood
* Why creating one small thing every day for a month can create magic
* Mara’s best advice for folks who are stepping out on their own as entrepreneurs for the first time
FIND MARA BRANSCOMBE
* Mara’s Website
* Mara’s Book
* The Ritual As Remedy Book Club
* Mara’s Instagram
* Cora’s Website
* Cora’s Newsletter
* Kajabi For Yoga Teachers
For links & resources mentioned in this episode go to www.corageroux.com/episode103
Support the show