Dec 7, 2022
SPECIAL EPISODE: Drama and Identity Dramaturgy with Yolandie Hamilton
Yay! Yolandie is back after taking a few months to be with her little one (if you listen carefully, you'll hear a little bit from her, too! 👶). In this episode, Yolandie (and sometimes Olivia) tells us about a play she is working on and the complexities of identity and stereotypes. This all made me very curious and, despite my congestion (sorry, y'all - guess I was keepin' it real), I had lots of questions for her about her experiences and the premise of the play.
If this is your first time with OTC, check out Season 1 Episode 1: START HERE for more background on the show.
Our True Colors is sponsored by True Colors Consulting - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion support that goes beyond compliance!
* By the Way, Meet Vera Stark
* Meet Yolandie! Season 4 Cohost
* Will Smith in Emancipation
* Will Smith Has A Candid Answer After Getting Asked Why He Wanted To Make A Movie About Slavery
* Will Smith Explains Why He Avoided Making Movies About Slavery: 'I Wanted to Be a Superhero'
* SPECIAL EPISODE: The Little Mermaid of Color
* The racist backlash to The Little Mermaid and Lord of The Rings is exhausting and extremely predictable