Mar 13, 2023
The Cat in the Hat's Guide to Agency, Autonomy, and Mastery (Boost Your Emotional Well-being and Habit Change)
Do you feel like you can’t change your life for the better if you’re going to do it alone?
Do you feel like you don’t have within you all that’s needed for you to live a life that’s healthier, and happier?
On last week’s podcast, we talked about the determinants of emotional and mental wellbeing, including something called environmental mastery, where we discuss how we already have what we need in order to deal with life’s hard times. But then again, even I would scoff at that notion sometimes, so I get it, that there are also people who find it hard to embrace that.
So for this week’s episode, we will focus on how we can cultivate our inner wisdom, and in doing so, be attuned to that environmental mastery that we all possess that will make us live more fulfilling, more nourished lives.
After all, our inner wisdom always has something it wants to communicate with us. We just got to learn how to listen and act upon that.
*What you will learn from this episode:*
* Cultivating inner wisdom can lead to greater self-awareness, understanding of values, and deliberate decision-making
* Developing a connection with your inner self can provide a sense of mastery over emotions and thoughts, leading to greater resilience and confidence
* Empower individuals to exercise agency and autonomy, making choices that align with their goals and aspirations
*“Trust yourselves, my friends. You have everything that you need inside of you right here, right now, and just as you are.”*
– Dr. Adrienne Youdim
*Today’s Health Bite: *Trust yourselves, that you have everything you need inside of you; all that you need to be able to live a more fulfilling and more nourished life. You just got to learn how to listen.
*Recommended Health Bite Episode:*
* Being the Boss of Your Own Life: Health and Wellness Lessons from Dr. Seuss on His Birthday
* The Center of Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM)
* CMBM’s Dialogue with a Symptom, Problem, or Issue
* CMBM’s Safe Place, Wise Guide Imagery
*Ways to Connect with Dr. Adrienne Youdim:*
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dradrienneyoudim/
* Website: https://www.dradrienneyoudim.com
* *Hungry for More: Stories and Science to Inspire Weight Loss From the Inside Out by Dr. Adrienne Youdim*
If you love it and you think it is of benefit, please share this podcast with one person that you love. You can also go to http://www.dradrienneyoudim.com and sign up for my newsletter. If you prefer to get information in written form, you can get these tips via newsletter every week.