Mar 28, 2023
181 – How to See Spiritually
*181 –* *It's easy to see what your eyes see, but have you ever wondered how to see spiritually?
*Recently a listener asked me to comment of 1 Corinthians 2:9-14. She wanted to know what it means to see spiritually and how we can do that.
This famous passage points out that the material senses, even the human mind and heart, cannot see or perceive the spiritual things God reveals to us. They can only be discerned spiritually.
*That's what this week's podcast is all about: how to see spiritually.* I share several Bible stories that had to do with seeing spiritually, seeing things that you couldn't see with your eyeballs.
* When Moses sent twelve men to spy out the Promised Land, only Joshua and Caleb saw the possibility of success. The other ten could only see failure. Their material eyes saw the same thing. But Joshua and Caleb were seeing spiritually.
* When Samuel went to anoint one of Jesse's sons to be king of Israel, he thought Eliab would be the one, because he was tall, handsome, and strong. But God said no. Samuel didn't look at Eliab spiritually
* When the king of Syria, or Aram, sent soldiers to capture the prophet Elisha, Elisha's servant was terrified, but Elisha saw the horses and chariots of fire.
*Jesus had a lot to say about seeing spiritually,*
* The light of the body is the eye
* The pure in heart see God
* Being judgmental of someone keeps you from seeing your own problems
* The evil thoughts in our heart keep us from seeing spiritually
* The good thoughts in our heart help us see spiritually
Right this minute, you have the ability to see spiritually. Jesus said to his disciples, and it is true for you and me today, "Blessed are your eyes for they see." He was talking about spiritual vision.
In this episode I talk about how to let go of the things and thoughts that keep you from seeing spiritually all that God is revealing to you.
*Show notes,* transcription, and Bible verses mentioned this week: thebiblespeakstoyou.com/181.Support the show
*James Early,* the Jesus Mindset Coach, is a Bible teacher, speaker, and podcaster. He conducts Bible workshops online and in person. His focus is on getting back to the original Christianity of Jesus by embracing the mindset of Christ in daily life. Questions? Contact him here.
*Want James to talk or conduct a workshop* on the Bible for your group? Reach out today.
* *Subscribe to the podcast** * (and get your copy of Praying with the Mindset of Jesus) * *
* *Make a donation to support the show*