Mar 19, 2023
WS1610: What is the Best Way to Start A Real Estate Business | #Highlights
Today, we reflect on our conversations with Keith Blackborg and Amy Sylvis. Ultimately, what and when you invest plays a huge role in your investing success. But what is the best way to start a real estate business and how do you find an investment that best fits you?
Breaking into the real estate syndication business is not easy. It takes time, persistence, patience, and hard work. While educating yourself about the business and the industry is non-negotiable, it is also crucial to get to know and work with people who have gained extensive experience and expertise in their field. But, is there a way to fast-track your entry into real estate investing? Find out in this #Highlights episode!
*Key Points From This Episode: *
* Why “concentration followed by diversification” proved to be an effective investment strategy for Keith.
* Keith’s advice on how to find the best investment strategy that fits you.
* What is the Double Dip assets strategy and why does Keith recommend it for investors?
* What is asymmetrical risk and what investment opportunities provide this type of risk that investors should look for?
* Amy answers the question: How much money does it take to get into passive real estate investing?
* How much capital did Amy need to start her real estate syndication business?
* How did Amy gain the education and confidence to enter the real estate business?
* Why a mentorship program, albeit costly, gives faster access to the real estate industry?
“Some of the best investments you’ll make are the ones you never invest in.” –Keith Blackborg
“Time and building trust is a tremendous way to have someone view you as a strategic partner moving forward.” –Amy Sylvis
*Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
*Keith Blackborg on LinkedIn
Financial Journey website
WS1416: How to Find the Best Investments | Keith Blackborg
Amy Sylvis on LinkedIn
Sylvis Capital website
WS1437: How to Get Into RE Investing Faster | Amy Sylvis
*About Keith Blackborg
*Keith Blackborg, CPA, reached financial freedom within 10 years due to success as an investor and tax strategist. Keith and his wife Jessica have experience with domestic and international investments, including residential and commercial real estate, lending, startups, and paper assets. Keith served as the director of acquisitions for a hedge fund that transacted the largest private sale of homes in US history.
*About Amy Sylvis
*Amy is the founder and principal of Sylvis Capital with apartment investments in Alabama, Indiana, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas providing clean, safe, affordable housing to working-class families, giving a powerful and proven investment vehicle for friends and family to participate in, and pouring profits into organizations and charities for sick and underserved children.
She continues to grow her portfolio with the goal of achieving the 5 freedoms: financial, time, geographic freedom, freedom of association, and freedom of purpose. Amy lives in Los Angeles with her amazing husband, Joel. They love college football, traveling, and volunteering their time with charities that care for children in need.