It's time to Get More Smarter. We talk about Gov Hickenlooper's presidential chances, who's running for the Dem CO Senate nomination, and do our best to follow the corporate money into Cory's campaign bank account.
In "Finding Cory," we try and figure out why Cory ghosted VP Pence for his own fundraiser in Windsor to vote for giving the Saudi's more guns and sell our public lands to oil and mining companies.
We give credit to the hero of the Mueller congressional hearings, Greeley Representative Ken Buck. Rep. Buck, also the CO GOP chair, more or less made it clear that you could arrest Trump for crimes he committed before and after his election when he leaves office.
Finally, we "prognosticate" about a radical abortion ban that anti-abortion extremists want to put on the 2020 ballot and how Colorado is a safe haven for women from other states seeking reproductive care.
Follow us on Twitter
Host: Jason Bane (@jason_bane), ColoradoPols.com
Host: Ian Silverii (@iansilverii), ProgressNowColorado.org
Producer: Ethan Black (@ethanblack)
- Debate gives some Democrats like Hickenlooper a last chance to shine (Denver Post, Tuesday, 7/30/19)
- Democrats hint to White House hopefuls at edges of the debate stage: Consider running for Congress (CNN, Monday, 7/29/19)
- PPP Poll: Hick Polls Well in CO Senate race
- Billionaires, athletes and Hollywood funnel money to Colorado’s Senate race (Denver Post, 7/18/19)
- We followed the money to see how Cory Gardner is raising big cash for his reelection campaign (Colorado Sun, 7/26/19)
- About Vice President Pence’s Aspen RNC Fundraiser… (Colorado Pols, 7/22/19)
- Vice President Pence to attend Aspen fundraiser Monday (Aspen Times, 7/20/19)
- Anonymous Pence host is second to duck security costs (Vail Daily, 7/25/19)
- Senate fails to override Trump veto on Saudi arms sale (The Hill, Monday 7/29/19)
- As Democrats Push Public-Lands Compromise, New Bill Shows GOP Isn’t Interested (Westword, 7/26/19)
- Republican Ken Buck Scores Massive Own Goal in Mueller Questioning (Rolling Stone, 7/24/19)
- Ken Buck Blames Mueller for His Own Big Blunder (ColoradoPols, 7/25/19)
- Rep. Joe Neguse Gets The Goods From Mueller–On Purpose